SOFT RE-OPENING WITH LIMITED HOURS AND CRITICAL PRECAUTIONS - APRIL 27
With ongoing " Stay at home orders" a hardship for everyone, I am taking this situation very seriously and have given it a lot of thought.
Wholistic Therapeutics, as a Physical Therapy entity, is considered an essential business and we will have a soft re-opening of the clinic with limited hours and critical precautions starting the week of April 27.
We have been closed since March 16. I have been in contact with many of you who have been scheduled in April just to check how you were doing in regard to your function and pain.
Many of you mentioned that you can handle things at home with previously given exercises.
We have also conducted many TeleHealth sessions and those options are still available.
There were also a few questions regarding home visits, especially for those who are recovering from surgery. Please give me a call in that regard.
I took that time also to start creating more materials for self-care and self- treatment to share with you and others.
Quite a few people have contacted me about ongoing or new pain and asking when we will be open for operation again. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
1. Do you have more pain or new pain?
2. Do you have difficulty sleeping?
3. Do you have limited mobility and ROM?
4. Do you have NO or very little pain relief with home program exercises?
5. Have you noticed taking more pain medications recently?
If you say yes to any of the questions, please feel free to contact me with details via e-mail or phone and we can discuss the best action to take.
Understandably, there is now almost an overwhelming amount of information available to us all regarding COVID-19. I particularly like this BLOG authored by David Edelberg, MD:
WHOLISTIC THERAPEUTICS IS TAKING EXTRA PRECAUTIONS
When we re-open our doors, it is extra critical for us to take all the measures to protect our clients, myself and the community as well.
We are operating following CDC requirements for everyone's safety. These are our measures to ensure every's safety.
At this time our self online scheduling will be closed.
Before scheduling the appointment each client will be asked the following 5 questions. Ideally, please answer these 5 questions via email in advance of discussing making an appointment in person for medical necessity:
1. Have you been ill or felt any symptoms related to Covid 19 within the last 14 days?
2. Have you been in contact with anyone who has been ill or felt symptoms related to Covid 19 in the past 14 days?
3. Have you travelled or being in contact with anyone who has travelled within the last 14 days?
4. Have you been to any gatherings with more than 5 people in the past 14 days?
5. Have you followed " Stay at home orders"?
After receiving the answer to the questions, we can decide if an in-clinic or a Telehealth session is more appropriate.
After scheduling the appointment the following measures need to take place to ensure everyone's safety.
1. All clients will be asked to wash their hands before entering the clinic.
2. All clients and myself will be required to wear a mask while they are in a clinic.
3. At this time, we can only have one person at a time in a clinic. I will schedule people so there is enough time for only one person at a time in a clinic.
4. I am scheduling in-person appointments such that there will be enough time between clients, so I can clean all surfaces, table, door nabs etc.
5. I am going to wash my hands before entering the room with you.
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU AS A CLIENT
1. Please be completely honest with all questions that are asked of you. The only way we can open our clinic doors and help those in pain is to follow strict guidelines that we have set. If we do not follow those guidelines we may risk closing the doors and not be able to help our clients in person. We can help you immediately through you self-scheduling a Telehealth appointment.
2. Please call or e-mail us immediately if you feel ill, or you have been in contact with someone who is ill, or find out someone you have been in contact with
becomes diagnosed with COVID-19.
3. Please have patience during this time as our policies could change on a daily basis.
4. Call or e-mail with any questions.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
Please contact us at any time with questions. There is no need for you to suffer at home with pain or not progress after your surgery.
We have many different options to help you.
Remember, we are opening April 27th as a soft opening for existing clients for Medical Necessity Only, arranged individually by telephone, but are fully open now for Telehealth virtual appointments. Please try our remote services and self-help approach to serving you. And stay safe and centered.
Best to you and your loved ones,
Audio BLOG -